Overview: This article guides a Manager on how to work with a team members skill profile - they can either confirm the employee's skill level or creates a score gap.
The system provides functions with which managers can assess and monitor the skills of employees. As a manager, you can view, update, and review skills for employees assigned to you.
On the Manager Dashboard:
- To get to the manager dashboard(if you did not land there)
- My People / Reporting / Manager Dashboards
- Click on Skills Tab
- Choose and Employee and Click on GoTo under the Manage Tab
- Any Person highlighted in red means that the employee has made a change since you have gone in and made one.
- Click on Fill in Manager Scores(this is optional)
- This option will allow you to manage by exception, filling in the employees scores to the manager column, then you can review and make changes by exception.
- Click and Enter the number of Years/Notes as needed
- Click on the Manager Score and change it if you do not agree with the Employee's self-score
- Click on Save Changes to save the score(s) you've given to the Employee Skill.
- Click SAVE often. For security reasons the system will log you out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Note: The skills score system is single blind, which means employees cannot see the scores you entered for them unless you print a report and show it to them.